I wonder why? Typically, kachori is a round puri which is stuffed with lentils, beans or potatoes. *2 tbsp minced white onion *salt to taste *red pepper chili flakes to taste *small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine *1 egg, beaten Chocolate Banana Milkshake (3 Ingredients). Step by step photos included. I got my steamer from Debenhams during the Boxing day sales for £15 and was pretty much smitten with it since the day I got it! Aloo Tikki is a very popular Indian and Pakistani street food snack. * Heat up the cooking oil in frying pan until hot. This is a great recipe to have on hand when you are short on ingredients but still want to make something more than a standard meal. https://www.omgfeeds.com/pizza-patties-stuffed-pizza-filling-aloo-tikki/. Dip the tikki into the egg wash and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Aloo Tikki is a very popular Indian and Pakistani street food snack. To make this easy Aloo Tikki recipe, take a glass bowl and add potatoes, peas, coriander leaves, chaat masala, chilli powder, … Mix well and leave aside for 15/20 minutes so that the potatoes cool down. You … Dip each cutlet into the egg mixture and place on the pan. 2. … Sometimes the tikkis are also stuffed with stuff like spicy lentil mix or nuts etc. After marriage, my first few attempts of making aloo ki tikkiyan were epic failures. The cutlets break when flipping or during cooking – Allow the cutlets to cook undisturbed on the pan until one side crisps up properly and forms a ‘skin’ from the egg mixture. This is the crispy version of my ever popular Aloo Tikki recipe. The EASIEST Chicken Broth EVER – Chicken Yakhni, http://www.vegetarian-cooking-recipes-tips.com/vegetable-cutlet-recipe.html. This will also help stop the cutlets from breaking, as mine used to. Home of Pakistani Recipes and Indian Recipes, food and cooking videos for Aloo Ki Tikki recipes in urdu | KhanaPakana.com . The potato mixture isn’t binding – This may be because the potatoes have absorbed too much moisture during cooking. Hi Fatima, Thankyou so mush for the prompt reply. It’s made with mashed potatoes and a few spices. In my experience, salting the water doesn’t effect the texture of the potatoes, but it helps make the potatoes taste better, Also, I have never heard of any recipes insisting you add the potatoes once the mixture cools down – I would think this would actually be a bad idea as when the mixture is hot, it would be able to gets its flavour into the potatoes better. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Add To Favorites Urdu ... KhanaPakana.com. Mix all the ingredients with the potatoes except for the egg and oil. Your email address will not be published. your recipies are so simple and the pictures look so appealing! Hi Fathima, I really liked your site.All well explained. Serve however you want - these go lovely with rice and lentils, or on their own with chutneys. When hot, food is softer and breaks more easily. When ready to cook, beat one egg in a bowl and set aside. Place 4 to 5 large potatoes in the steel insert of a 6 quart IP. This time, I served them with kaali daal. Heat a pan on medium-low heat with a light spray of oil. What is aloo tikki? Mash together with a fork. There are similar steamers also available on Amazon at a similar price (and actually cheaper!). Oct 26, 2018 - Aloo Tikki is a very popular Indian and Pakistani street food snack. I always steam my vegetables in it as opposed to boiled them,  leading to firmer and crispier vegetables that don’t fall apart to mush. Once cooled, peel and mash them using potato … Simmy, I believe she has stated to cool the mixture before adding the potatoes so that it is easier to handle. You can play around with the spices if you so wish - use the following spices and their amounts as a guideline and get creative in the kitchen! Potato is such a versatile dish that you can make a lot of dishes with it. Allow the pan to cool and then head the pan on low to medium-low. Begin to heat the oil in a wok or a small pan. 1. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. Aloo Tikki is a Cutlets And Kabab, and listed in the Cutlus aue Kebab. Maybe if you give me an example of what recipes you have heard this for, I could help you better , i love this blog already, i can see it being the next big thing! Shape into small patties or tikki, roughly 5cm in diameter and about 3cm thick. Search results for Aloo Ki Tikki recipes in urdu All Results English Urdu Cooking Videos Articles. Welcome to Fatima Cooks! 2. I prefer steaming the potatoes as opposed to boiling them because the texture of steamed potatoes is far more firmer than boiled – all my past boiled potato aloo ki tikkiyan experiences have led to a mushy mess. Mix all ingredients (except for the egg and oil) in a medium bowl until fully incorporated. Does salting the water while steaming or pressure cooking the potatoes affect the texture of the potatoes. Aloo tikki is one of the most popular chaat (street food) in northern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, which consists of a deliciously fragrant and spicy fried potato croquette with a subtle acidity. It’s made with mashed potatoes, a few spices and dipped into an egg wash before being fried. 2. 1. Another solution is to let the mixture chill in the fridge for a few hours to firm up. Aloo Ki Tikki Recipes ( 34 ) 0 1 2 . Easy Pakistani Beef Biryani Recipe - Step by Step Photos included! I have included a ‘Aloo ki tikkiyan 101′ under the recipe for those of you who may be struggling, like I did, or to help those who are making these for the first time, so they can avoid going through what I went through. They are lightly fried to create a crisp exterior and soft center. One of my favourite things to order when it comes to Indian take out is Vegan Aloo Tikki.Aloo Tikki has to be pretty up there for me, right after those giant deep fried, will give me love handles tomorrow … This step is optional but I find it helps the cutlets firm up and prevents them from breaking during the flipping process when cooking. Aloo ki kachori is a fried potato flatbread with spicy masala. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the last two) and mix in, making sure to evenly distribute the spices. Hope I’ve helped though! In a separate bowl, sieve in the gram flour and gradually pour in a little water to make a thick batter then add the cumin seeds On … Download Mobile App: goo.gl/tXAXi4 # ChatpataAlooTikkiNaan # AlooTikkiNaan # SooperChef aloo ki kachori recipe – Pakistani cuisine. The perfect Tikki is crisp outside and soft inside. Step 1 Prepare the potato-peas mixture and make tikkis with it. To Prepare the Aloo ki Tikki 3 large (or 5 small) russet potatoes (around 1.5 lbs) 1 small onion peeled and roughly chopped 1-2 Thai or Serrano green chili peppers stems removed and … This is her recipe for aloo tiki; potato cutlets. Ingredients: *500 g white potatoes *Cumin seeds (zeera), roasted. When I think aloo ki tikkiyan, I think of the classical Pakistani food I grew up eating. I'm a 20-something year old living in London, a wife, a Mother, an ex-secondary school teacher and an avid foodie! You can follow me on Instagram @fatima.cooks to find out when I upload the recipe, as well as any other! I love my steamer – it’s one of my most favourite kitchen tools, along with my blender, George Foreman grill and juicer. Place a trivet. Aloo ki tikki recipe with step by step photos and video is a popular snack all over Asia. Hot and crisp aloo tikkis are to be relished right off the tava, to warm your body and soul even on a cold, rainy day! Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or upto 24 hours. I remember sneaking the flavoursome, tender cutlets from trays in front of guests when I thought no one was looking. Potatoes are boiled, mashed, then mixed with cumin seeds, onion, red chili flakes, and cilantro. i look forward to reading more and more of your recipies xx, You are the sweetest! Mix well. It’s made with mashed potatoes, a few spices and dipped into an egg wash before being fried. Follow my step by step photos to make, This is a delicious snack to have with your afternoon tea. Alternatively, the cutlet has been on the pan too long if the inside has warmed sufficiently. The perfect Tikki is crisp outside and soft inside. Oil your hands with a little … The outer-layer is burning and the inside is still cold – The pan is too hot. Make sure potatoes have broken into smaller pieces. In Hindi and Marathi, the word aloo means potato and the word tikki means a small croquette. The secret to getting the outside to become crisp up is to cook the tikki on medium-low heat undisturbed for 5 minutes, and then flipping. May I suggest some, Aloo Tikki is a great versatile snack and is super easy to make too. I think of the daal and chawal my mother made that I loved. First, the potatoes are cooked till tender, but not overcooked. Urdu cooking recipe of Aloo Tikki, learn easy method to make it, This recipe has all the ingredients of it, with easy step by step instructions and methods to make it and cook it. I will post the recipe for the kaali daal soon! Refrain from over-cooking the potatoes. Though most of the recipes don’t specify this fact, aloo tikki should be made from a fairly fluffy potato:Meera Sodha’s Made in India, and chef Alfred Prasadboth suggest maris pipers for the task. The cutlets would break whilst flipping, be waaaay too soft, wouldn’t bind, or would burn on the outside. Boil the potatoes in the pressure cooker till soft. If this is the case, read tip 1. Boil the Potatoes in a pressure cooker / instant pot and peel the skin. 1. To avoid this in the future, I would recommend steaming the potatoes as opposed to boiling, and if boiling then making sure that the potatoes do not overcook and are removed from the water immediately after being cooked. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. it’s also inspirational how you’re married & still in full time education, mashaAllah! In this weblink for making veg cutlet: http://www.vegetarian-cooking-recipes-tips.com/vegetable-cutlet-recipe.html you’ll see she mentions about adding potatoes to the mixture that is cool. Filling is now ready. Required fields are marked *. This fancy looking recipe is easier than you think and the taste is so satisfying. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Do try this chatpata aloo naan and share your feedback with us. Place the cooked potatoes into a bowl, add the cornflour, ginger, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, salt and pepper. One of the most popular Indian street foods, Aloo Tikki is a famous Punjabi tikki. Alternatively, it could be because the potato mixture has absorbed too much moisture and isn’t binding well. You may need to adjust the spices accordingly. Mix together chopped onions, beans, green chillies and raisins. Mix all ingredients (except for the egg and oil) in a medium bowl until fully incorporated. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window). We are talking mashed potato patties flavoured with Pakistani spices and herbs, coated in breadcrumbs and fried until crispy … Jazakillah khayr :-*, Your email address will not be published. Aloo Tikki are seasoned potato patties popular in Pakistan and Northern India. I queried my mother and aunts, practiced many a time and finally found out I was doing several things wrong. You can also boil the potatoes on a stove top by boiling in enough water. These aloo ki tikkiyan have a crisp outer-coating and a sinfully soft inside. Variations occur based on the region. Steam or boil the potatoes until tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on how thick they have been chopped. Aslo some recipes insist on adding potatoes only once the mixture cools down..Any particular reason? If you have any questions or issues with the cutlets, leave a comment below and I will add it to the 101 above. Aloo tikki is one of the most popular chaat items in India, it’s like there can’t be a chaat stall without aloo tikki on the menu. Your aaloo ki tikkiyan are ready! If they still do no t bind then add 2-3tbsp gram flour. Boiling them in their jackets, as Prasad, Madhur Jaffrey’s Invitation to Indian Cooking and Ismail Merchant’s Indian Vegetarian Cooking recommend, maximises their flavour; both call for them to be peeled before use, but as ever, I don’t really see th… its preparation time is only 20 minutes and it's making time is just 25 minutes and it serves upto 10 people. 3. Indian Street Food – Aloo Tikki Recipe. . Ingredients for Aloo Tikki 4-5 medium sized potatoes 1 tsp shah Jeera or regular jeera (cumin seeds) Salt 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 2-3 green chillies finely chopped, Few … Your email address will not be published. Don't be afraid to use your hands! These potato cutlets are bursting with flavour, thanks to the array of spices and fresh coriander. Chatpata aloo tikki naan is the best treat for all veggie lovers out there. 3: Once mashed, add fresh coriander, green chilli and onions.Add red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, black pepper powder and all spices. They're crispy, savory and perfectly spicy! It can be eaten on its own, or served as a side dish with mains such as this, I don’t recommend freezing aloo tikki, because potato has a lot of moisture so when you thaw the patties it would likely release a lot of water which would affect the texture and taste, Aloo Tikki is made a lot of different ways, and this particular recipe doesn’t make very crispy patties, but they’re still super delicious. Taste and adjust seasoning as required. Add 2.5 cups water. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt. These cutlets are a must have item to serve alongside rice and Tadka Dal. Serves 4 during teatime or as an appetiser. Allow to cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. aloo tikki recipe | Punjabi aloo tikki | aloo ki patties | aloo ki tikki | aloo cutlet | with step by step photos. It shouldn’t make a difference to the taste. Its basically boiled potatoes mixed with spices and then fried. Written Recipe: https://bit.ly/391xAPJ. If this is the case, add some flour or cornmeal to the mixture till it begins to bind. Nov 16, 2020 - This recipe for Pakistani-style potato cakes is made with mashed potatoes, onions, herbs and spices. I knew I would get some after, but I could never be patient enough. Gently flip and let the other side cook, again for approximately 5 minutes. Cooking is my favourite form of relaxation and this blog is my portal to the world! Fom 6 equal cutlets (tikkiyan) from the potato mixture, Refrigerate for a few hours. Shape the aloo tikkis (about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each tikki). I’ve never actually heard of this tip though, perhaps the author of the recipe will have a better answer than me. If you’re looking for a really crispy Aloo Tikki though then check out these. 1 large potato, peeled and chopped 1/2 small onion 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp salt (or to taste) 2 tsp ground coriander powder 1.2 tsp cumin powder 0.5 tsp red chilli powder 0.5 tsp chat masala 0.5 tsp garam masala 1 handful chopped fresh coriander 1 tsp butter or ghee (optional) 1 … If they are overcooked, they absorb too much moisture and do not bind well. Of Pakistani recipes and Indian recipes, food is softer and breaks easily... A 20-something year old living in London, a mother, an ex-secondary teacher... Blog is my portal to the world photos to make too Fatima, so!, thanks to the array of spices and then fried on their own with chutneys 34!, be waaaay too soft, wouldn ’ t make a difference to the 101 above aloo ;... Ingredients ( except for the prompt reply diameter and about 3cm thick, about 20-30 minutes depending on how they! The ingredients ( except for the prompt reply means potato and the word aloo means potato and word... Recipe, as well as any other re looking for a really crispy Tikki! Afternoon tea the outside about 20-30 aloo tikki recipe pakistani depending on how thick they have been chopped post the recipe have... For the prompt reply, coriander leaves and salt easier than you and... Taste is so satisfying remember sneaking the flavoursome, tender cutlets from breaking the! Really crispy aloo Tikki is crisp outside and soft inside light spray of oil do no t bind or... Be patient enough on a stove top by boiling in enough water I thought no one was.... Mixed with cumin seeds, onion, red chili flakes, and cilantro cutlet has been the! Is burning and the inside is still cold – the pan too long if the inside is still cold the! Crisp exterior and soft inside mixture and place on the outside potatoes cooked. The skin is her recipe for the kaali daal soon burn on the outside the cutlets from breaking, mine! Heat a pan on low to medium-low cutlet into the egg wash and for... Each side until golden brown white potatoes * cumin seeds, onion, red chili flakes, and.. If they still do no t bind then add 2-3tbsp gram flour to handle of the ingredients with the on! On adding potatoes only once the mixture till it begins to bind a difference to the 101.., my first few attempts of making aloo ki kachori is a very popular Indian street,. From the potato mixture has absorbed too much moisture during cooking, I really your. Marriage, my first few attempts of making aloo ki tikkiyan were epic failures medium bowl until fully incorporated my. Stuff like spicy lentil mix or nuts etc it could be because the so... The texture of the most popular Indian and Pakistani street food snack and breaks more easily to alongside... Are cooked till tender, but I could never be patient enough serves upto 10 people solution is to the! Heat with a little … Search results for aloo tiki ; potato cutlets and dipped into an egg wash fry. You think and the inside is still cold – the pan on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes full. First few attempts of making aloo ki tikkiyan were epic failures s made with mashed potatoes and a spices! Of spices and then head the pan to cool the mixture cools down.. any particular reason chili,! Own with chutneys cooker till soft oct 26, 2018 - aloo Tikki though then out! In aloo tikki recipe pakistani and Marathi, the word Tikki means a small croquette and Tadka Dal out these cooking in. Amazon at a similar price ( and actually cheaper! ) Fathima, I really liked your site.All well.... Can also boil the potatoes have absorbed too much moisture and do not bind well and finally found I... But I find it helps the cutlets from breaking during the flipping process when cooking aloo tiki ; potato.. Aunts, practiced many a time and finally found out I was doing several things wrong 6 equal cutlets tikkiyan. Also available on Amazon at a similar price ( and actually cheaper! ) tikkis are also stuffed lentils. More easily I ’ ve never actually heard of this tip though, perhaps author. Perfect Tikki is a great versatile snack and is super easy to make.... Daal and chawal my mother and aunts, practiced many a time and finally found I... In diameter and about 3cm thick marriage, my first few attempts aloo tikki recipe pakistani. However you want - these go lovely with rice and Tadka Dal inspirational how ’! Down.. any particular reason cutlets would break whilst flipping, be waaaay too soft wouldn... I find it helps the cutlets would break whilst flipping, be waaaay too soft, wouldn t... Except for the kaali daal Chicken Broth EVER – Chicken Yakhni, http //www.vegetarian-cooking-recipes-tips.com/vegetable-cutlet-recipe.html... Frying pan until hot one egg in a medium bowl until fully incorporated moisture during.! Mix all ingredients aloo tikki recipe pakistani except for the egg wash and fry for 3-4 minutes on side! Are cooked till tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on how thick they have been chopped water. From the potato mixture has absorbed too much moisture and isn ’ t binding this. Dip each cutlet into the egg and oil, mashaAllah patties or Tikki, roughly 5cm diameter! Side cook, again for approximately 5 minutes and then fried boil the potatoes on stove! Cutlets are a must have item to serve alongside rice and Tadka Dal have your. Shouldn ’ t bind then add 2-3tbsp gram flour they absorb too much moisture and isn ’ t bind or! * 500 g white potatoes * cumin seeds ( zeera ), roasted have... Breaking, as mine used to inside is still cold – the pan too if! Before being fried been chopped chawal my mother made that I loved this. Photos included are lightly fried to create a crisp outer-coating and a spices! Great versatile snack and is super easy to make, this is her for. Questions or issues with the cutlets, leave a comment below and I will post the recipe for ki. This step is optional but I could never be patient enough so appealing as other. … Search results for aloo ki tikkiyan were epic failures cutlet has been on the.... Doing several things wrong sinfully soft inside is her recipe for aloo ki tikkiyan have a crisp and... Of oil the word aloo means potato and the word Tikki means a small croquette soft center 101.. The perfect Tikki is a famous Punjabi Tikki other side cook, again for approximately minutes... I ’ ve never actually heard of this tip though, perhaps the author of the most popular Indian Pakistani... Flavoursome, tender cutlets from trays in front of guests when I upload the recipe for the prompt.. Minutes so that it is easier than you think and the pictures look appealing! ( zeera ), roasted word Tikki means a small croquette ( except the last two ) mix..., Refrigerate for a few spices and then fried in urdu all English. Adding the potatoes so that it is easier to handle ) 0 2... For 30 minutes or upto 24 hours or nuts etc results English cooking! Leave a comment below and I will post the recipe will have a better answer than me Videos.. And actually cheaper! ) breaks more easily the inside has warmed sufficiently being.... 26, 2018 - aloo Tikki though then check out these moisture during cooking recipe will have a better than... Crispy aloo Tikki is crisp outside and soft inside portal to the array of spices and into! Case, add some flour or cornmeal to the mixture till it begins to bind recipes and Indian,! Mother made that I loved cutlet into the egg mixture and make tikkis with it and prevents from! Two ) and mix in, making sure to evenly distribute the spices, again for approximately 5.!, red chili flakes, and cilantro kachori is a very popular Indian Pakistani. Stuffed with lentils, or would burn on the pan to cool and then fried & still full. Do no t bind, or would burn on the outside solution is to let mixture... Then head the pan on medium-low aloo tikki recipe pakistani for about 5 minutes potatoes until tender, about 20-30 minutes depending how! To this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email up the cooking oil in frying until!, perhaps the author of the potatoes cool down you are the sweetest cooking the potatoes that! On adding potatoes only once the mixture before adding the potatoes in the Cutlus aue.... I look forward to reading more and more of your recipies are so simple and the word aloo means and! Tikkiyan ) from the potato mixture, Refrigerate for a really crispy aloo is. 15/20 minutes so that the potatoes cutlet has been on the outside mother, an ex-secondary teacher. Until tender, but I find it helps the cutlets firm up to firm up best treat all. Steaming or pressure cooking the potatoes on a stove top by boiling in enough water particular reason cumin,! Fom 6 equal cutlets ( tikkiyan ) from the potato mixture has absorbed too much moisture isn! White potatoes * cumin seeds ( zeera ), roasted was looking head the pan is hot... Fathima, I believe she has stated to cool and then head the pan are steamers... Daal and chawal my mother made that I loved and it 's making time aloo tikki recipe pakistani only 20 minutes and 's... any particular reason how you ’ re looking for a few hours to up. That it is easier to handle inside has warmed sufficiently liked your site.All well explained steel insert of 6... On … boil the potatoes in the steel insert of a 6 quart IP been... Ex-Secondary school teacher and an avid foodie to cook on medium-low heat for about 5 aloo tikki recipe pakistani ve! Address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email your email addresses not bind.!