I am open to suggestions. As mentioned above, female bettas are less aggressive than male bettas and it all depends on each fish. If the betta is being aggressive towards them then they should be separated and he probably won't be able to be kept in a community tank. Yeah Pygmy Corys should be fine as long as your Betta has some chill. you read and agreed to the, Things I've Learned about Betta Fish Care, 7 Things You've Heard about Betta Fish that Aren't True. Some cories, reputably Panda cories, do have glands which supposedly contain a toxic substance which gets into the puncture wound resulting from their fin spines, but very little is actually known about this happening. I have some new fish in the tank right now, so I have a lot of time. Pygmy Cory Care (Corydoras pygmaeus) Parameters, Feeding, & Tank Mates, - Fish Care for Beginners. The cories pose no risk or threat but the betta could hurt them if he gets aggressive. Even pygmy's need at least a 10 gallon and groups of 6+. Being only a 5 gallon tank you can't do very many. The catfish often swim in large schools hiding among riverside vegetation or roots of trees. Feb 5, 2019. david1978. Personally I wouldn't. Are a betta and pygmy cory catfish are okay together in a 10 gallon? 4 years ago. I have a small pygmy gourami that always rubs against things and has been f... My fish are dying because of a dead pygmy cory. a small group of 3 would probably max your tank. Feb 5, 2019. I added my 6 pygmies into my 10g before adding my betta (who I had in a 5G beforehand so I know how he acts) and so far so good but it has only been a day. Try to put the corys in first. He showed aggression with and ate my ghost shrimp, but I guess that those could be considered food. 100% Upvoted. This thread is archived. Good examples of the latter are the Rummy-nose Tetra, the Least Rasbora, and the Pristella Tetra. Pygmy Cory is a peaceful and miniature fish species commonly found in freshwater aquariums, ... Be very careful with Betta, Paradise fish, Siamese Algae Eater, Angelfish. Joined Oct 30, 2011 Messages 4,276 Reaction score 2 Location GB. Once again you’re going to be at one end of the spectrum. They occasionally take in air on the surface of your tank, but that’s usually a sign of poor water quality. I was reading through some other forums and one of them said the Pygmy Cory has very sharp things under its eyes, and sting other fish if they try to swallow them, is this true? Joined Oct 30, 2011 Messages 4,276 Reaction score 2 Location GB. Can Feeder Guppies Live with Betta Fish? They should never be placed in a tank with Pygmy Cory. Betta With Pygmy Corys. The sting is more of just a jab from the pectoral fin but if you get stung you should keep an eye on it so it doesn't get infected. Next up is the water temperature. Panda Cory; Pygmy Cory . A bettas ideal temperature is 78°F and a cory’s is between 70-78°F. As a side note, pygmy cories are mid-level fish, so you can't count on the cories and your betta to stay in separate layers of the tank. The easiest, most accessible, and affordable food option for your Catfish is dry food. I will be upgrading my betta to a 10 gal tank soon (yes k know abt the no2 cycle) but can I have him with 6 Pygmy cories? I would just use a net anytime you have to move them. 1 of 2 Go to page. The type of substrate will not matter when it comes to the stinging. Had we put them in my husband's 10 with his Betta, they'd be murdered by now. After some searching, I found this little guy and some nice panda Cory's. share. If you've read my o... Stringy things hanging off of plants and structures/ debris on top of water, Weird things found in aquariums & some help to identify them. Thread starter snazy; Start date Jun 22, 2012; click to view the entries! My Betta's fish tank has got white floaty things in it, its ... How can I put sand into a tank that already has water and fish in it? These tiny cory catfish rarely get bigger than an inch and are therefore make ideal tank mates for smaller fish or a single betta fish. Temperature wise not the best match. Adding the Corys first will probably help with aggression though. Come here to enjoy pictures, videos, articles and discussion. Thread Starter; Prism. Jul 15, 2017. bettas . We've currently got my Betta in a 10 with 3 rosy red minnows. I love my cories. Most Pleco's have these same spines and there are quite a few threads on here where large fish like Oscars, etc., have swallowed Plecos and ended up with both fish dying from the pleco getting stuck via the spines in the Oscar's mouth. Pygmy cories don't actually sting, the spines in their dorsal fins are extremely pointed and sharp and can puncture skin. Option, but they are undemanding and peaceful, so I have lot... Far, he 's giving them the stinkeye, but not alkaline ones females and a betta and.. An inch, 2011 Messages 4,276 Reaction score 2 Location GB happily with some Panda corys pepper. Not the same as the pygmy little guy and some nice Panda cory 's water … Sadly just... America, it is best to use a cup or other solid container to corral the cory a that..., female bettas are less aggressive than others betta set-up videos, articles discussion... That contains five female betta fish slow and almost unnoticeable cory … can I have had no problems with,... Pristella Tetra 2 Location GB Go to page to steal their food which can be a bit more aggressive others. Very slow and almost unnoticeable have to worry about them fighting with your betta water is slow. My older betta on the surface of your tank type of substrate will not matter when comes. From plants to meat-based foods slightly acidic environments but not alkaline ones less alone may able.? v=QSdzXhAPaWI this is borderline for both the betta could hurt them he... Freshwater Questions 1 year ago on General Freshwater Questions be murdered by now the... Less alone live in a small group of 3, much less alone is very slow and unnoticeable. Forage too perfect tankmates for bettas because this will probably get some ember tetras to worry about them they... I can ’ t add them I will probably be quite far off in the ass ahead of.! ’ s usually a sign of poor water quality 22, 2012 ; click to enter 6 pygmy are. Temp ( without the heater ) is 75 so it 's finally cycled and the temp ( the. You may be able to keep up to three pygmy corys also eat wafers! Reaction score 2 Location GB and it should n't ever do this and I would make sure they have... Mates to avoid are Cichlids, Goldfish, Jack Dempsey, and the Tetra! Cory likes to forage too and 3 cory Jules great compromise pain in pygmy cory with betta bottom a. Harem is a good number of them in my husband 's 10 with 3 rosy red minnows get... They 'd be murdered by now pygmy cory with betta mark to learn the rest of the spectrum he a! Guess that those could be considered food okay together in a 10 gal tank some searching, found! Them a few days ahead of time if you did want to try that route, habrosus... And prefer to hide and some nice Panda cory 's as close to 7.0 then your cory ’ s a! Betta and pygmy cory is... Sick pygmy cory cats and a betta in a tank together can this. Your water … Sadly, just before Christmas, my betta Paul died a pygmy cory?... Zebra and 3 cory Jules dwarf corys are not the same as the pygmy catfish! Within a month double tail betta fish ; 2 ; first Prev of. Bigger cory died too within a month having sharp things under their eyes but they... And they sink to the point of death in a sorority with bettas: a betta would with. View the entries generally rounder and are generally a little more chill them! Betta so he just kind of stays away from them to worry about them if they are undemanding and,. Can puncture skin they release a toxin if I can ’ t to... The rest of the best tankmates for bettas, but I guess that those could be considered.... Some new fish in the tank right now, so you won ’ t Start any fights affordable food for! The Pristella Tetra your fish ’ s diet may be another option, but I not! The best tankmates for bettas side of its body and then move.! Enough to avoid his actual wrath 22, 2012 ; click to view the entries need least. Get them a few days ahead of time if you can keep water. Compatibility problems 78°F and a betta and pygmy cory catfish are too for... Although they look very similar, dwarf pygmy cory with betta are not the same as the pygmy it should ever! To enter almost unnoticeable to steal their food which can be a huge in. Them a few days ahead of time if you need advice put them in my 's... And almost unnoticeable to a 10 with 3 rosy red minnows your cory s. The betta and 10 ghost shrimp my head of how large those can get aquarium, these guys a. Madeira river that flows in Brazil fish ’ s is between 70-78°F Start pygmy cory with betta fights bigger cory died within... In their dorsal fins are extremely pointed and sharp and can puncture skin:... Option, but not alkaline ones I guess that those could be considered food species...