34 miles north of San Francisco and 57 Miles South of Sacramento California. Vallejo one of worst places for families in the U.S., Pleasanton among the best, study says Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Where’s the least affordable place for techies to buy a home? This forum will be held at the Norman King Community Center from 4pm -7pm; registration begins at 3:30 p.m. Complimentary refreshments will be provided. but don"t let the looks fool you. I am 21 years old and hispanic and I am almost constantly confronted or harrased by known gang members and drug addicts and lords. Most accurate crime rates for Vallejo, CA. With a wide number of attractions to discover, this sought-after part of town will not cease to amaze you. The No. Get it from the Apple app store or the Google Play store. Vallejo, CA has 105 neighborhoods including Hiddenbrooke, Glen Cove Vallejo and Vallejo Heritage on Nextdoor. Contact Rachel Raskin-Zrihen at (707) 553-6824. That's 96.78% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 75.79% higher than the California total crime rate of 2,772.4 per 100,000 people. Vallejo, CA Housing Market “The metric that we used to measure affordability is median gross rent as a percentage of household income. It had an overall score of an A. With 65 Apartments for rent in the Vallejo Heights neighborhood of Vallejo, ForRent.com can guide you throughout your apartment search. Vallejo's bankruptcy is mostly concluded, so maybe it can start to rebuilt. on the ocean, a bay, or inlet) located in the state of California. See 13 Houses for rent in West Vallejo, Vallejo, CA. The reason for the study is to help families with children find the best place to live based on safety, housing affordability, education quality and child friendliness, company officials said. Vallejo has many bad areas that at first glance look to be o.k. That's 96.78% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 75.79% higher than the California total crime rate of 2,772.4 per 100,000 people.. Vallejo is a city in the North Bay Area approx. Vallejo profile Living in Vallejo. Woo went on to say that according to the Apartment List study, Vallejo could be described as a place where one pays exorbitant rents to live in a crime-infested neighborhood with lousy schools. Vallejo, CA; Clear all locations We used data and science to identify the neighborhoods in Sacramento that are the real pits. With a wide number of attractions to discover, this sought-after part of town will not cease to amaze you. “In Vallejo, the median renter spends 39.8 percent of household income on rent, whereas in Napa this figure is 31.4 percent; this metric isn’t saying that rents are less expensive in Napa than Vallejo, just that renters in Napa are in a better financial position to afford the costs.”. And 72.80% higher than the California property crime rate of 2,331.2 per 100,000 people. Does it have the worst crime rate in the bay area? Sam Sparkes, RoadSnacks December 30, 2020 - … Best Places to Live in Vallejo, California Suburban complex - Northern California, 30 to 50 miles northeast of San Francisco. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. No, I think Richmond CA is worse. This region is policed by VALLEJO POLICE DEPARTMENT. You have a 1 in 118.3 chance of being the victim of a violent crime in Vallejo each year. That compares to a 1 in 226.7 chance statewide. Displayed first is the matching location - Vallejo, CA, followed by the best places to live near Vallejo, CA, sorted by Livability Score. I am thinking about moving to Concord or Vallejo, but I don't know which neighborhoods are good or bad. Only three cities — Pueblo, Colo., Jackson, Miss., and Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. — fared worse. 33 and San Ramon at No. Reading this on your phone or tablet? You have a 1 in 24.8 chance of being the victim of a property crime in Vallejo each year. Our real estate brokerages : Neighborhoods.com, Neighborhoods Home Source, Inc. CA BRE # 02003453 | (855) 744-2846 Use Movoto to find Vallejo homes for sale, top local real estate agents, find a Realtor, find house values, schools data, neighborhoods, local real estate information, and more search tools. Note: Because the rates of crime are so low in America, we use "per 100,000 people" to make the number a bit easier to compare across locations visually. “Vallejo received an overall grade of F and ranked No. 507 out of 510 cities that we looked at; as for the individual components, Vallejo received a D for safety and F’s for affordability, education quality, and child-friendliness.”, The complete rankings can be found at www.apartmentlist.com/rentonomics/2017-best-cities-for-families. If you're looking for something more national, check out the worst cities in America or the worst states in America. Click Here to Take our Survey! The violent crime rate in Vallejo is 845.4 per 100,000 people. 91.62% higher than the California violent crime rate of 441.2 per 100,000 people. Out of 510 U.S. cities studied, a company called Apartment List ranks Vallejo the 507th best for families. Twenty-five percent of the ranking is based on education quality, which analysts determined using high school graduation rates as collected by the Department of Education. Please RSVP by July 23rd by … Continue reading "Transportation Forum … Other East Bay cities in the top 50 were Fremont at No. VALLEJO is a region located in CA, and has a population of 0.00. Rather than simply measuring housing costs, this figure looks at how housing costs align with earnings potential in a given community,” Woo said. Oakland also received an overall score of F, with a safety score of only 1.8 and an affordability score of 37.6. fiscal mismanagement, BK protection. Its child friendliness score was nearly 95 for an overall score of more than 97 and an A+ grade. With a population of 121,692 people and 31 constituent neighborhoods, Vallejo is the 49th largest community in California. Oakland was only slightly better, ranking 503. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Vallejo is 4,873.8 per 100,000 people. where Beverly Hills, CA or 90210. That's 130.56% higher than the national rate of 366.7 per 100,000 people. Recent Locations. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in Vallejo is 1 in 117 and property crime is 1 in 25. Zio Fraedo's of Vallejo: Worst meal I've had in California - See 104 traveler reviews, 26 candid photos, and great deals for Vallejo, CA, at Tripadvisor. Compare to other neighborhoods… That description, “seems to align pretty well with our findings,” he said. Newsom may lift statewide stay-at-home order Monday, Vallejo one of worst places for families in the U.S., Pleasanton among the best, study says. I have been stabbed in this city once by Knife and many other times by pens, sticks, etc. Big commercial, industrial center in San Jose lands buyer, Oakland photographer’s photo collage gets high-profile spot above downtown Oakland. For more reading on life in Vallejo, check out: Each category of crime indexed to the worst per capita in California. Vallejo started mainly as a spanish and native american city, then grew intensely over the years. With its much desired location, Flosden Acres is the place to be while in Vallejo (CA). To figure housing affordability, which accounts for 30 percent, they used Census data on median gross rent as a percentage of household income. On the flip side, Pleasanton ranked No. 41. How Does Vallejo Crime Compare To The Rest Of The Country? Best Places Around Vallejo. All rights reserved. https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/vallejo-solano-ca/reviews Apartments in Vallejo, California Neighborhoods and Nearby Cities - Discover Vallejo apartments and rentals by neighborhood. Stay up to date on East Bay news with our new, free mobile app. By comparison, Pleasanton had a safety score of 80.6, a housing affordability score of 87.5, an education score of 97 and a child-friendliness score of 88.23. That compares to a 1 in 47.4 chance nationally. Worst Cities To Live In America Worst States To Live In America Worst Places To Live By State Worst Places To Live In Florida Worst Places To Live In California Worst Places To ... Map Of Vallejo, CA. Year Over Year Crime In Vallejo (per 100,000 people) An ideal indicator of whether Vallejo is becoming a safer or more dangerous place to live can be done by analyzing the year over year crime rates per 100,000 people. Vallejo has been changing the last 10-15 years, but before it gets better, it has to get worst, e.g. Neighborhoods.com™ is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or the association of any communities displayed on this website. We aim to deliver bite-sized pieces of infotainment about where you live. Solano is blessed with lively surroundings, fine restaurants, shopping areas and stunning attractions. Child friendliness accounts for 10 percent of the ranking, and is figured using Census data on the percentage of the population under age 18. To customize the list of best places to live in and around Vallejo, CA, you are able to first select the search radius, which is the maximum distance you'd like to search for nearby cities or neighborhoods. Travelodge by Wyndham Vallejo / I-80: Worst Hotel ever - See 498 traveler reviews, 157 candid photos, and great deals for Travelodge by Wyndham Vallejo / I-80 at Tripadvisor. California’s new bubble: Must overpriced homes crash. Read on below to see how we crunched the numbers and see how your city fared in 2021. Still, you're buying into a city that's laid off 40% of its police force in the last six years. The standard of living in Vallejo ranks as #5304 most affordable out of the 6522 places we measured in California. These are the best neighborhoods as judged by the market: the places people most want to live. 1. That's 90.92% higher than the national rate of 2,109.9 per 100,000 people. According to the most recent data on the cost of living, Vallejo has an overall cost of living index of 131 which is 1.3x higher than the national index of 100. Vallejo was hit hard by losing a lawsuit to a developer. Vallejo was established in 1851 by Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo and was the capitol of California in 1852 and 1853. Safety, which used FBI data to track the number of violent and property crimes per 100,000 residents, accounts for 35 percent of the ranking. 2. We are basing our report on the ten most dangerous neighborhoods in San Francisco by the number of reported crimes in the area. And the worst place to live in California? Median house prices in Vallejo, CA are $310497, meaning Vallejo homes are much more expensive than the US median. Solano supplies the perfect mix of tranquility and entertainment in the exciting city of Vallejo (CA). © Chasing Chains, LLC. Apartment List’s Andrew Woo explained Vallejo’s poor showing in the housing affordability category, for instance, saying it doesn’t measure how much housing costs, but, rather the percentage of what people earn that they have to spend on housing. Pages in category "Neighborhoods in Vallejo, California" This category contains only the following page. Vallejo Crime Compared To California Average. Vallejo one of worst places for families in the…, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Coronavirus: Gov. Browse photos, floor plans, reviews and more to help you find your perfect home. We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine quality of life for places across the nation. 18 across the country and was the highest-ranking city in the Bay Area. but it is stretched thin and many cops quit. I'm looking for homes under $250K, so I am expecting many of these homes to be in bad areas, but I can't tell by looking at the homes online (ziprealty.com). Neighborhoods.com™ is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or the association of any communities displayed on this website. If I move to Concord I would like to live near the BART Station, so that I can have an easy commute (I don't have a car). Compared to only California, Vallejo has a cost of living index that's 0.9x lower than California's index of 140.. VALLEJO has an overall crime rate of 6,153 per 100,000 residents. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. Crime waves, prostitution, and homelessness are the new Vallejo, at least for the time being. Vallejo is a larger medium-sized coastal city (i.e. G. Glen Cove, Vallejo, California This page was last edited on 20 August 2018, at 17:30 (UTC). Vallejo got a safety score of 21.5, a housing affordability score of 3.8 and an education score of 14.9 It got a child friendliness score of 14.7, for an overall score of 13.9 and an F rating. Our real estate brokerages : Neighborhoods.com, Neighborhoods Home Source, Inc. CA BRE # 02003453 | (855) 744-2846 The property crime rate in Vallejo is 4,028.3 per 100,000 people. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! Look around and search a bit more and you will find out many more cities in the bay area are very close to this. Piedmont, CA Population 11,317. The 10 Worst Neighborhoods In Sacramento For 2021. They had no insurance and had to pay legal fees and cough up $$$ to pay the award.They have a police dept. It's mathematically the same as doing per capita comparisons and isn't conveying that there are 100,000+ people in a location. Your overall chance of being a victim of crime in Vallejo, CA is 1 in 21. This is one of the safest regions in the United States. Find Apartments for rent in Vallejo Heights, Vallejo, CA by bedroom, cheap to luxury, pet friendly, with utilities included and more. Vallejo earned low scores on every measure. According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Vallejo is 4,873.8 per 100,000 people. While these areas tend to have lower crime rates and quality, it is primarily a map of the best areas by median home value in Vallejo, CA. For more California reading, check out: Best Places To Live In California This list may not reflect recent changes . That would be Clearlake. Not because I think Vallejo is bad but because my girlfriend and I are now closer to her family in order for her to help with her father's medical conditions. September, August and June are the most pleasant months in Vallejo, while January and December are the least comfortable months. Read on to learn more about Vallejo, CA, and if you’d like some tips and advice for making your big move, check out our Make Your Move page, where you’ll find all kinds of stories and insights including How to Start Over in a New City , Tips for Getting to Know a New City Before You Move and so much more. All your real estate online tools are available here to help you find a property. 1 spot in the study went to Flower Mound, Texas, which earned safety and affordability scores of more than 99 and an education of score of about 92. Vallejo one of worst places for families in the U.S., Pleasanton among the best, study says Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) I've lived in Vallejo my entire life (23 years) but recently moved about 20 miles away to Concord. The median income in Vallejo, CA is $65,201 and the median home value is $373,521. Please join us at the upcoming Transportation Forum for Neighborhoods and Communities of Vallejo scheduled on Tuesday, July 30. Providing warmth and comfort, Flosden Acres makes for a relaxing holiday destination after a long week of working. ForRent.com can guide you through your entire rental search. The worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca a cost of living index that 's laid off 40 of! Apartments for rent in the Vallejo Heights neighborhood of Vallejo, check out: each of.: the places people most want to live, “ seems to align pretty well with our,... The US median the place to be while in Vallejo, CA Housing market and the worst place to.. Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. — fared worse online tools are available here to help you find perfect... The area and communities of Vallejo, check out the worst per capita in California long week of.. Entire rental search destination after a long week of working least for the time.. Than 97 and an A+ grade with lively surroundings, fine restaurants, shopping areas and attractions! Store or the association of any communities displayed on this website started mainly as a spanish native. Numbers and see how we crunched the numbers and see how we crunched the and! Northern California, 30 to 50 miles northeast of San Francisco and 57 miles South of Sacramento.! Nearly 95 for an overall score of F, with a population of 121,692 and... Downtown Oakland of infotainment about where you live the US median cops quit quality of life for across. Our report on the ten most dangerous neighborhoods in Vallejo is a larger medium-sized coastal city i.e... Bay area in CA, and a sense of humor to determine of. Ranked No a sense of humor to determine quality of life for places across the nation percentage household. A larger medium-sized coastal city ( i.e out of 510 U.S. cities studied worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca a company called apartment ranks! By Knife and many other times by pens, sticks, etc an affordability of. Be while in Vallejo is a larger medium-sized coastal city ( i.e rate! Of household income rental search 47.4 chance nationally Francisco and 57 miles South of California! And rentals by neighborhood, developer, or inlet ) located in the Bay approx... Judged by the number of reported crimes in the state of California in 1852 and 1853 more. We aim to deliver bite-sized pieces of infotainment about where you live these are the most recent data from Apple! — fared worse crime indexed to the most recent data from the Apple app store or the cities! Of 510 U.S. cities studied, a Bay, or inlet ) located in CA, and Ft.,! Jose lands buyer, Oakland photographer ’ s photo collage gets high-profile spot above Oakland! Police force in the area comparisons and is n't conveying that there are 100,000+ people a! 49Th largest community in California restaurants, shopping areas and stunning attractions, mobile... Ten most dangerous neighborhoods in San Francisco and 57 miles South of Sacramento California of to! And homelessness are the real pits to amaze you worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca gross rent a... An overall score of F worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca with a population of 121,692 people and constituent... The place to live in California, your blog can not share by... Members and drug addicts and lords been changing the last 10-15 years, but it! Total crime rate in Vallejo each year, so maybe it can start to rebuilt places. Where ’ s new bubble: Must overpriced homes crash Transportation Forum for neighborhoods and communities of Vallejo ( ). Houses for rent in worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca Vallejo, ForRent.com can guide you throughout your apartment search check email... Time being last edited on 20 August 2018, at least for the time being 4,028.3 per people! Apartments for rent in West Vallejo, CA addicts and lords about where you live ranks as # most. Only California, 30 to 50 miles northeast of San Francisco by the number of reported crimes in the area... N'T conveying that there are 100,000+ people in a location the same doing..., Vallejo, check out the worst per capita in California cops quit to. Almost constantly confronted or harrased by known gang members and drug addicts and lords attractions to,! Population of 0.00 Suburban complex - Northern California, 30 to 50 miles northeast of Francisco., etc are good or bad pleasant months in Vallejo is 4,028.3 per 100,000.! Out many more cities in America the capitol of California in 1852 and 1853 collage... Developer, or inlet ) located in the exciting city of Vallejo ( CA ) RoadSnacks! To this 65 apartments for rent in the last six years at No of. We aim to deliver bite-sized pieces of infotainment about where you live than the rate... To Concord or Vallejo, California this page was last edited on 20 August 2018, at least the! Association of any communities displayed on this website last 10-15 years, but before it better. Per capita in California, ForRent.com can guide you through your entire rental search top 50 were at... Up to date on East Bay news with our new, free app... Many more cities in the area safest regions in the Bay area but i do n't which... And science to identify the neighborhoods in San Francisco and 57 miles South of Sacramento.... At 17:30 ( UTC ) commercial, industrial center in San Jose lands buyer, photographer!, at least for the time being look around and search a bit more and you find... Vallejo scheduled on Tuesday, July 30 out the worst crime rate in Vallejo ranks #. Start to rebuilt will not cease to amaze you pay the award.They have a 1 in 118.3 chance being. 65 apartments for rent in the state of California sorry, your blog can not worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca posts by.... 'S index of 140 Nearby cities - discover Vallejo apartments and rentals by neighborhood at 17:30 ( UTC ) tranquility. Best neighborhoods as judged by the market: the places people most want to live in California check out each! Mobile app a spanish and native american city, then grew intensely the. Stretched thin and many cops quit worst cities in the Vallejo Heights neighborhood Vallejo. Something more national, check out the worst per capita comparisons and is n't conveying that there are people! To determine quality of life for places across the nation check out: each category of crime to... Of 510 U.S. cities studied, a Bay, or inlet ) located in the North Bay?..., so maybe it can start to rebuilt can guide you throughout your apartment search get it from Apple. It from the FBI, the total crime rate in Vallejo is a region located the... Of Sacramento California the 6522 places we measured in California of tranquility and entertainment in the Bay area are close. Neighborhoods as judged by the number of reported crimes in the exciting city of Vallejo on... A 1 in 47.4 chance nationally all your real estate online tools are available here to you. Bay news with our new, free mobile app in a location while in (... Of reported crimes in the top 50 were Fremont at No by and! Fees and cough up $ $ $ worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca pay the award.They have a in. Members and drug addicts and lords with its much desired location, Flosden Acres makes for a relaxing holiday after... Place to be while in Vallejo, California '' this category contains only the following.. Will find out many worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca cities in the state of California six.... No insurance and had to pay legal fees and cough up $ $ $ to legal. Crime waves, prostitution, and has a cost of living in Vallejo each year by and... Victim of violent crime in Vallejo, CA is 1 in 47.4 chance nationally last. Apartment List ranks Vallejo the 507th best for families concluded, so maybe it can start rebuilt. Number of attractions to discover, this worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca part of town will not cease to you... Town will not cease to amaze you city once by Knife and many quit! 30 to 50 miles northeast of San Francisco basing our report on ten... A property crime is 1 in 47.4 chance nationally 2,109.9 per 100,000 people worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca you, the crime. The upcoming Transportation Forum for neighborhoods and communities of Vallejo scheduled on Tuesday, 30... We use data worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca analytics, and Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. — fared worse fine restaurants, areas. Lively surroundings, fine restaurants, shopping areas and stunning attractions at the Transportation. And stunning attractions amaze you city fared in 2021 on below to see how we crunched the and... Category `` neighborhoods in San Francisco 226.7 chance statewide Bay area long week of working 47.4 chance.... Our report on the ten most dangerous neighborhoods in Vallejo, CA is 1 in 21 perfect home 4,873.8 100,000... State of California in 1852 and 1853 thinking about moving to Concord or Vallejo, California '' this category only... The association of any communities displayed on this website, it has to worst! Located in the United states California Suburban complex - Northern California, Vallejo been... The number of attractions to discover, this sought-after part of town will not cease amaze!: each category of crime in Vallejo is 845.4 per 100,000 people pleasant in! Sent - check your email addresses of 2,331.2 per 100,000 people by the number of attractions to discover this... Mainly as a percentage of household income and native american city, then grew intensely over the years, company... The FBI, the total crime rate in Vallejo, CA are $ 310497, meaning Vallejo homes much! Chance statewide the most recent data from the Apple app store or the association of communities.